Your pets visit to us
Please feel free to walk your dog into the Brighton hospital or our Peacehaven clinic at any time to say hello. This helps dogs become confident at the vets – its not just somewhere to go when they feel terrible & you both might get a biscuit!
Our receptionists will be happy to help you weight your pet, answer your questions and give them some welcoming attention. Please make sure your dog is securely on a lead and under control at all times. For nervous dogs there is a waiting area outside. Cats must be in a secure basket at all times for their own safety.
Before surgery or procedures
- Withhold food for at least 12 hours prior to admission of cats and dogs.
- Ensure free access to water until your pet is admitted.
- Medication should be given as normal or brought with your pet.
- Please give your pet the opportunity to empty their bowels prior to your appointment.
- Please keep your cat indoors during the night.
Rabbits, Small pets and birds should not have water or food withheld before surgery or procedures and it is helpful to bring a small bag of their normal food with you if possible.
If your pet stays with us overnight we usually try and update you by phone in the evening and first thing in the morning.
If you would like to visit your pet visiting times are typically 4.30-5.30pm or after 7.30pm however we ask that you ring first in case the hospital staff are busy with emergencies.